2021 Sonatina competition
November 6, 2021 — Boise State University
The follwing policies were developed in cooperation with Boise State University and will be strictly enforced. These policies apply to students, parents, judges, teachers, volunteers and anyone else participating in or enjoying the event.
BSU has been very generous in allowing us the use of their facilities, but that is conditional on our complying with the following guidelines. If you know that you cannot comply with the following requirements, we respectfully ask you to please not participate in the event, as we do not want to lose these privileges in the future. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
1. Everyone entering the building must wear a face mask completely covering their nose and mouth for the duration of their visit to the Morrison Center. While a student performs, they may remove their mask, but only for their performance. Hand sanitizer will be available at the front desk, with every door monitor, and inside every judging room.
2. Visitors should socially distance from each other.
3. Each competitor may be accompanied by a maximum of ONE adult in the building. No siblings or second parents may tag along. The only exception to this rule is if there is only one parent available and two children competing at times close to each other. In this case the adult may accompany both children, and the sibling may wait with the parent for the competitor to play.
4. Participants are to wait in the parking lot or in their cars until checking in at the front desk. You may check in a maximum of 15 minutes before your assigned performance time.
5. Students and their adult companion must leave the Morrison Center immediately after their performance. There will be NO warm ups allowed at the Morrison Center. Please do not wander around the building.
6. Judges will wipe off the keys after each performance and wear a mask at all times, except during mealtimes and breaks. Volunteers will wear a mask at all times.
6. Results will be posted online only. There will be no posting of results in the Morrison Center.
1. No more than 2 guests (age 14 and older) per finalist may attend an evening recital. These guests must be both willing and able to wear a mask for the duration of their time in the Morrison Center. We will attempt to livestream the competition so that others may watch the recitals if desired. A link will be available on our website on competition day.
2. Students are to wear masks at all times, but they may remove their mask while performing. Students should replace their mask after performing, being sure to cover both the mouth and nose with the mask.
3. After the recital, participants and guests will be asked to leave the building immediately. Chatting, congratulating, taking pictures, etc. will not be allowed at all inside the Morrison Center. Feel free to do these things after you exit the building.
We thank you for your cooperation and hope for a wonderful and edifying experience for our students! Please direct any questions to your teacher, who can communicate questions or feedback to the Sonatina Committee directly. Parents should not directly contact the Sonatina Committee.”